Achieving silky, smooth skin is easier then you think. Just follow these tips to change skin from dull and dry to healthy and glowing in as little as one month!
1. Simple Skin Softening: It’s important to consistently finish your bath or shower routine by applying a hydrating lotion or body butter to seal in moisture. Skin is the body’s largest organ, so the benefits of keeping skin healthy go beyond simply having beautiful skin. Well-conditioned skin helps to protect us from bacteria and regulates our body temperature. Maintaining skins’ moisture is key to its smooth, glowing appearance, as well as acting as a protective barrier!
2. Swap it Out: Depending on the season, our skin has different cravings. Satisfy your skins needs by changing up your beauty routine. Trying new products and ingredients can help you determine which work best on your skin type, as well as provide your skin with a healthy buffet of benefits. Not only will experimenting make pampering yourself fun, but your skin will thank you!
3. Oil for Oily Skin! We know it sounds crazy, but one solution for treating oily skin is to use oil-based products. When too much oil is removed from the skin, the sebum glands can over-produce oil in an effort to replace lost moisture. Using oil-based products will allow the sebum glands to relax, resulting in the skin producing less oil.
4. Take Time to Relieve Stress: Acne breakouts and other skin problems can be triggered by uncontrolled stress. Taking time to relax, unwind and enjoy yourself is important for a healthy state-of-mind, as well as glowing skin. Whether you choose to de-stress by treating yourself to a yoga class, curling up with a book or taking an afternoon walk, your skin will show the benefits.
5. You are What You Eat: Beautiful, healthy skin starts from the inside out. Eating a healthy diet including a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and proteins can help to turn back the clock. Here are some foods for thought:
- Fight wrinkle-causing inflammation by eating food that contains Omega-3 fatty acids (commonly found in salmon, flaxseed and walnuts)
- Enhance collagen production by adding spinach and citrus fruits to your diet
- Consuming tomatoes and pink grapefruit (which contain lycopene) may help protect against sun damage
- Drink plenty of water daily